It's official...I'm a married woman!! We were often asked if it feels any different, but it really doesn't..just a new last name and an extra ring on my finger...a double bonus! We had such a blast at our wedding, I couldn't have asked for anything better...everything went really well and exactly as I imagined it! I did my best to stop and take in each moment and I think I did pretty good. As I anticipated, it was a whirlwind of events from the moment Aaron's family arrived into town on Thursday and it didn't slow down until we arrived home this afternoon.
Thursday night, Aaron's family came to our house for dinner and we were able to chat, catch up, and play with the kids, but with the long plane rides and lack of naps, the kids were fading quickly and it was time for them to head to the hotel. I had been calm and relaxed all day on Thursday, I actually wasn't sure what to do with myself. I felt like everything was done and I would enjoy the free time to relax and lay on the couch while we waited for the fam to arrive....then on Friday, it was the complete opposite...time was flying by and I was racing the clock, ugh! I woke up early to clean and eat breakfast, then get dressed, packed for the weekend at the hotel, and load everything up in the car. I was running late...apparently ever since I left drill team I have little to no since of time all of a sudden and tend to rush, which I absolutely hate, I was scheduled to pick up the groom's cake, for the rehearsal dinner, at 2 but I didn't get there until 2:15 and then ended up having to wait 20 more minutes which turned out to be a sigh of relief rather than stress so I gave myself a moment to catch my breath! Once I got the cake, I was finally on my destination to the hotel. We stayed at The Element Hotel, near Vintage Park, in Spring....it was so awesome and very accommodating! I unloaded my luggage, checked into the hotel, and not much longer Aaron and I were headed to the wedding venue to meet with our Pastor before the wedding rehearsal. Pastor Scarborough was great and exactly what we were looking for, very pleased with his performance on Saturday. The wedding rehearsal went very smooth and quickly...short and sweet, just what we wanted, especially since we were starving and looking forward to the rehearsal dinner at Lupe Tortillas. At the rehearsal dinner, Sally, Aaron's mom, showed the two slideshows she had put together of Aaron and myself growing up. She is an awesome job and was great to reminisce of old times and cute, funny pics! We also were able to catch up with the rest of Aaron's family that had arrived that night. Fortunately our hotel provided a shuttle bus to transport us to and from the restaurant, so I was able to enjoy as many strawberry margaritas as I pleased...I love those! Once dinner was over, we headed back to the hotel, Aaron and I said our final "good night" as a single couple and enjoyed the rest of our night celebrating with our friends in separate rooms.
Saturday, 9am, came too soon! I set the alarm early to make it to the hotel breakfast in time and to be ready for hair and make up to follow. I tried to sleep a little longer, but I started getting text messages and I just had too many thoughts swimming in my head, so it just wasn't going to happen. I did stay in my jammies and relax in bed until my make-up and hair girls came, so I used that time to write my letter to Aaron. Time was flying by and I was a ball of nerves - anxious, nervous, excited, and missing mom and dad. Within a few hours I transformed into a beautiful swan and I was on my way to the alter! I was trying to take it all in and enjoy, but I was so nervous. As I walked down the aisle, I was trying to walk slow and smile which I found to be very difficult since I was a little shaky and on the brink of tears, especially one I caught sight of Aaron. Once I reached Aaron and grabbed his Aaron, I felt much calmer! I took in every word the pastor said and felt an instant sense of confidence as I said my vows aloud. I was so excited to be able to kiss my groom and hear us announced at Mr. and Mrs. Aaron Robilotto!!! What an awesome feeling...we did it!! Next we had to get through the pictures which is always a task in a half, but we survived and the rest of the night was a breeze. The food was good, the cake was yummy, well what little I had of each....I was hungry, but didn't have much of an appetite which could have had something to do with my dress was practically painted onto me and left little room for anything to fit in my belly! lol. Actually, I was still full of nerves running through my body, but luckily we had a little cake to bring home with us. Our wedding was the perfect size, not too big and not too small. It was great to be surrounded by family and friends that we really knew. I know some weddings are ginormous and you wonder if they really know all those people. Aaron and I were able to make our way to every table to visit, welcome them, and thank them for coming. We danced the night away to the very last dance and by the end of the night I was absolutely exhausted, but not ready for it to come to an end. ALL that planning for a few hours of celebration....sigh! It's bittersweet.
We woke up early this morning to meet Aaron's family for breakfast, downstairs in the hotel lobby, before they flew back home, then we packed up our stuff and headed home...back to reality. We haven't done much today except open our gifts and began looking at potential honeymoon options. I can't believe it's all over! Aaron said to me earlier, "let's get married again, that was fun!" lol. I feel blessed and glad to get back to somewhat of a normal life...no more wedding planning, now on to the next phase of our life...mini Robilottos! lol.
The picture below is from a friend that sent this to me on FB, so it's all I have for now. I'll post other pictures as soon as I can. It feels weird to not having any pictures in my camera. I tried to take a picture with my phone, but it came out blurry, so when friends begin to tag me in FB photos, I'll post them here as well. It will be a bit till I get my professional photos, but as soon as I do, I'll show them off...I can't wait to see them!
This year's Dance photos
11 years ago









Congrats, Heather! I'm so happy for you. What a beautiful bride you are.
ReplyDelete