Another Father's Day has passed without Dad, eleven to be exact. Dad has been gone 11 years and mom just made 2 years in April. Time has passed so quickly, as it seems to do when love one's pass, but my memories of what a great Dad he was remains very clear. Although my parents divorced when I was only one year old and my mother moved her and I to Texas, I still remained "Daddy's Girl" till the day he died. I only saw him twice a year, but he made sure it was always the best time we had. As I type this, I am trying to thing of one specific memory about my Dad, but there are so many to choose from, I can't decide....
1. Dad was know for wearing his cut-off shorts with knee high socks and tennis shoes ( i know, lol, my mother hated it!) But I loved it, so mom bought me my own pair of cut-off shorts and knee high socks to wear when I visited dad. I was only in elementary school, so it was cute ;)
2. When I was a little girl, my father would blow dry my hair and brush it when I got out of the bath. It was our favorite quality time together!
3. I look just like my dad, so everywhere we went, everyone would say "Rick, you can't deny that's your daughter."
4. When I was in high school, I received a voicemail on my phone of a song by Rod Stewert, "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You"....I had no idea who it was from, I thought it was a stalker boy from school or something. So I asked my mom and she was able to tell me that it was from my Dad. Awww.... When Dad passed, Mom use to play me that song, and when Mom passed, I sang her that song.
5. My nickname from my Dad was "little feather"
I could make a novel out of these memories, but these will do for now....
I believe anyone can be a "Father", but it takes a special person to be a "Dad".....and he was. Till we meet again in Heaven, Love you Dad!
This year's Dance photos
11 years ago








Heather that was awesome and made me cry! You are so right that it takes someone super special to be a daddy! What a blessing I know you were to both your parents!
ReplyDeleteOK throw me some dates for dinner:) We now have the flu in the house so I am going to want to break free very soon!