As all of you know, I began a new journey in my life last week...teaching middle school and I can now say I officially survived the first week!! OMG...the first day was exhausting, but mostly due to the fact that no one knew where they were going or what they were doing, including the teachers. It's a brand new school, so we were pre-warned, but boy it was a long day.
The biggest adjustment is my new schedule; not only am I a full time middle school dance teacher, I am still the high school drill team director. You may think that it would not be much different than what I have been doing for the last 5 years, but it's actually much more difficult. Now I am working on two different campuses and working with two different schedules - high school time and middle school time. The drill team class is now during 1st period, so we begin practice early. Let me just lay it out for you:
Monday: 6-8am drill team practice, then teach middle school 9:30 - 4:00
Tuesday: same as above
Wednesday: 7-8am drill team, then teach middle school 9:30-3:00, drill team 6-8pm
Thursday: 7-8am drill team, middle schol 9:30-3:00, drill team 3-5pm
Friday: 7-8am drill team, middle school 9:30-4:00, drill team 3-5 and football game night
Yep, I'm crazy!! I really do feel as though I am being pulled at a million directions, but in spite of the schedule, I am so fortunate to have a FABULOUS Asst. Director, my best friend. It has only been a week, but even in the short time, she has made my life easier and I can't say enough how grateful I am for her. Love you, BFF!! :)
As far as the middle school kids, they are great...silly, but great!! It's never a dull moment, in fact, I was just thinking the other day that I could start a whole new blog based on the crazy things that come out of their mouth. I have one student in particular, his name is Bradley, who within only the first week, I could write a novel about. lol. He is a hoot and a pain! lol. Oh, yes, I have quite a few boys in my classes. I think I scared a few of them away when they discovered they would have to learn Ballet! he he!
So be sure to check back every so often to read my stories on being a middle school teacher...it's sure to be entertaining!!
This year's Dance photos
11 years ago








No comments:
Post a Comment