Wedding Countdown Ticker

Oct 11, 2010

Clearing my mind...

As the date to my wedding day approaches closer and closer, I start to think more about my mom and dad and how much I wish they could be here with me...physically. I think back to a few years ago when Johnny's oldest daughter was getting married and while my mother was out running errands for the bride-to-be, she called me up to tell me how excited she was to be helping Tina with her wedding and she knew she would be 10 times more excited to help plan my own. You see, my mom was impatiently waiting for my big day, when I would finally meet a good guy, settle down, marry, and most importantly provide her with grandkids! lol! Well, my time is FINALLY here and as much as I have full faith that my mom and dad follow me in in spirit, it's still not the same.

Mom and Dad,

Not a day goes by that I don't think of you and now that my wedding is only 5 months away, I think about you more. I wish I could introduce you to Aaron, talk to you about our present and future plans. I even wish you could embarrass me with as many childhood memories of me you could recall to share with Aaron. I know you are watching from above and are eagerly anticipating my wedding day just as much as I am, if not more. Mom, I'm sorry it has taken me this long to finally settle, but I promise it was worth the wait!

Love,

Lil' Feather

No comments:

Post a Comment