...our newest edition to our little family...LOLA!! Not in my wildest dreams did I ever think that Aaron would allow me to get another kitty, but I was pleasantly surprised when he said yes and I ran with it! lol! My co-worker, Mrs. Thue, sent out at email 2 weekends ago stating that her daughter had just brought a baby kitten to her house and she had absolutely no intention of keeping it with her already large animal family. I mentioned it to Aaron and then preceded to email Mrs. Thue to ask if it was a boy or girl; this was a very important factor since the last time I attempted to introduce Hercules to another cat, it was an older male cat, and it ended with me returning the other cat to the SPCA. I figured a female kitten would be a much better friend for Hercules. I was excited to hear the kitty was a girl and a week later I was at Mrs. Thue's house to pick her up. It took me a few days to decide on a name for this little furball of energy, but with the help of the internet and a few facebook friend, I finally decided on Lola! Gidget and Nala were runner-up names, but Lola was the best fit. Lola has been adjusting quite well to her new surroundings, Hercules on the other hand, he's not quite sure what to think of her and I'm not even sure if he realizes she's the same breed as him, but he's slowly coming around to the idea of her. She has so much energy and is so brave, she doesn't know any better and always wants Hercules to play with her, but grumpy ol' Hercules looks at her like she's crazy! If only I could read his mind, I would guess he would say something to the effect of "get the f*** away from me!! lol!! Seriously, that's what his face is telling me. ha ha. He'll get over it, its only been a few days. Unlike dogs, cats are much more difficult to socialize and it's a slow process that require alot of patients. Hercules will always be my favorite and my first love, but Lola definitely brings a new light to our lives...even Aaron, who isn't really a cat person, loves her. How could you not?!? She had her first visit at the vet today to have her first check-up and get her stats. She is 3 months old, 3lbs 3oz, and in perfect health...I couldn't ask for more from a cat that was randomly picked up off the street from my co-worker's daughter! The doctors fell in love with Lola because she was so well behaved, the perfect patient, but they weren't with me in the car on the way to the vet...Lola was in her kennel, in the passenger seat, and I guess she paniced and pooped in the kennel which of course ended up all over her...ugh! I pulled over to take her out of the kennel since I didn't want her to continue to sit in her own filth and as I was doing that I realized I didn't have any napkins or towels, the only thing I had in the car was a few papers that I had filled out for the vet registration. Well, the papers were my only option and thank goodness Lola is tiny! I took her into the vet wrapped in a piece of paper and asked the nice doctors to clean her and her kennel for me. What a stressful ordeal, but at least the actual vet visit went well to make up for it :)
Enjoy her pics...is she not the cutest kitty?!? Even if you're not a kitty person....
Lola cuddling with Aaron after an exhausting trip to the vet
The first day I brought her home
The vet doctors gave her a snazy green bandana...it matches her eyes!
She sees her favorite toy...
Awww...a purrr-fect pic! lol!








No comments:
Post a Comment