If you have been paying attention, you will have noticed that I am growing my hair out...for the wedding. I have mixed emotions about it, but even before the thought of the wedding, I decided I was FINALLY going to grow my hair out after years of keeping it short. The last time I had long hair was my junior year of college, I think. That was the year I decided to perm my hair, ugh, bad idea, and as soon as the perm grew out, I chopped it off! I was about to start my student teaching and enter my teaching career so I wanted to have short hair...I thought it made me look even a little bit older and for my size and young looks, that little bit was important. lol. Let's see...sometime at the beginning of the last school year, I chopped my hair off the shortest I could go. I wanted to be able to say I finally did it and once it was done, I was ready to grow it out! So, since then, I have been going through the "growing" pains of growing my hair out and boy is it a pain in the butt! I knew exactly what I was in for, thus the reason I never wanted to grow it out prior to now...I was perfectly content with short hair and I knew I didn't have the patience to grow it. But..for whatever reason, yet to be know, even by me, I have the patience to do it and I am! It has been a pain, but the moment I could put it in even just a tiny little ponytail, I knew it was all worth it :)) Thanks to my hairstylist, Kara, this process has been made bearable!!
Here are a few pics of the different stages AND colors of my hair...now that I have seen the order of the pics, it makes me feel better about the progress. Still have 4 more months to go and my goal is to have it down to my collar bone...we'll see!!
The shortest my hair has EVER been....when I first chopped it off in September last year
October
December
January
March
April
May...YAY, 1st ponytail in a LONG time :)
May...and back to black!
June
Pig Tails!!!!!
July
August
September
October
November...I would say a drastic change from the 1st picture, right?!? woo hoo!















No comments:
Post a Comment