Wedding Countdown Ticker

Nov 29, 2010

Tis The Season...

Did anyone else have a fabulous Thanksgiving week off, went back to work today, and is already counting down to Christmas break?!? I AM! I AM! Thirteen and a half days! I had a really crappy day at work today, just one of those days where you wonder why the hell you chose the teaching field...kids these days are unbelievably RUDE! Anyway, I'll end it there...I came home to chill, watched and episode of "Intervention" to feel better about my life and realize it's not so bad after all, took a hot shower and now feeling a little better, lol! Aside from getting my wisdom teeth pulled during the break, which turned out to be surprisingly painless, but i'm not complaining one bit, I had a very restful week off and it was very difficult to mentally prepare myself for the first day back today. I am actually looking forward to Christmas this year, even though I have nothing exciting planned, but considering I was in a "recovering phase" over my mom's passing last Christmas season, I feel 100% emotionally stable this year and that alone is something to smile about :) Last year, we didn't even get a Christmas tree till maybe a week before Christmas and I managed to get a few decorations up, but this year I have already made, ordered, and will soon mail out our Christmas cards, put up our miniature FAKE tree this year, and put up a few more decoration and we're not even in the month of December yet...GO ME!!! So sadly yes, we are having a fake Christmas tree this year and yes, it is my decision. I just don't trust my tiny fury ball of energy cat on crack, Lola, with a real one, ha! I put the fake tree up as a tester and sure enough Lola was dive bombing in it within a matter of seconds, so...fake it is. Here are a few pics of decorating so far....

 Look at Lola...first of all, what is she doing? Aside from her awkward pose, it's obvious what she's thinking!

 CHEESE!

 YEP, making her presence known! A second later she was squirted with her shock collar...the water gun! lol

 The mantle

 Even our fake plant got a pinch of Christmas decor

 Ornaments are not just for the tree! Still working on this area...

 I liked it!

 So instead of real big tree, we have 2 small fake ones :)...maybe next year!


 She's so sweet looking when she sleeps  and she's gettig so big :)

Had to take a pic with him, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment