Wedding Countdown Ticker

Nov 23, 2010

On the road to recovery...Day 2

I am very pleased with how painless my recovery has been! After hearing all of those horror stories prior to my procedure, I'm so glad I did not relive any of them and I am healing quite well! I may be a bit worse if I had all 4 teeth removed, but with only the bottom 2 removed, it's not so bad. I took my last pain pill around 8:30pm last night and fell asleep, making it through the night without waking up to take another pill, and I haven't taken any today either. I still have just a tiny bit of swelling in my cheeks and my jaw is sore today, but all that is normal. My only complaint is how hungry I am...ugh! I weigh less than 95 pounds, this liquid/soft foods diet is killing me! The only thing I ate yesterday was pudding. Today, I ate a little bit of apple sauce, then tomato soup, and then ice cream....none of which was filling and I can't get rid of the taste in my mouth the surgery has left me, so it makes my food taste like it too :( I left the house for the first time today to meet up with my friend Kim at the mall and on my way home I decided to stop by Whataburger to order fries! I needed something with calories and substance and I was having a craving for fries, so I did it! It took me about 20 minutes to eat them, since I had to nibble and chew very carefully, but it was worth it. It was a little more work than I think my jaw wanted to be a part of, but I had to do it. Sadly, i'm still hungry...lol! I just hope I can enjoy food by Thanksgiving Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment