I think the older I get the more my attitude changes towards this fall weather. Growing up, I absolutely HATED cold weather...miserable is the best way I can describe how I felt every fall and winter season. I was a toothpick, yes, even more of a toothpick than I am now, so how could I not be miserable?!? There wasn't enough layers of clothes to warm me up. Got the picture now? Today, I can say for the first time that I have grown to enjoy this chilly weather. I look forward to hot cocoa, hot tea, buying new scarfs (as if I didn't have enough already), layers of clothes, thick comfy socks, ordering my fave Starbucks drink - peppermint mocha and my favorite...cuddling! It's definitely a good break from the "walking into a blowdryer" heat of summer. I hear this winter season is suppose to be warmer than last year, which is good news to me since last winter was a bit ridiculous...not one, but TWO days of snowing! I was beginning to ask myself how was Texas any different than any other state up north...geez! I can certainly do without the snow this winter season, but go ahead, bring on the chilly weather...I am welcoming it with open arms :)
Wedding planning is coming along well...the months are flying by! It didn't seem that long ago that I started with 9 months to plan and now today, I have 4 months. Aaron's parents were in town this past weekend so I was able to show his mom a bit of my progress. She was able to see my wedding dress, the venue, and even help me order the invitations. This month I will already be celebrating my Bachelorette Party since my best friend, who is also the M.O.H., is 7 months prego. There's no question who will be the DD for the night, lol!
As you have seen, I recently adopted a 3 month old kitten and named her Lola. She is now 4 months, 4 pounds, and a furball of energy...it's a good thing she is so darn cute because she is not much different than having a child!! She is into EVERYTHING...I can't turn my head for one minute without finding her paws in something or somewhere she shouldn't be. She is very brave; therefore, loves to attack Hercules. Poor Hercules, sometimes he looks at me as though if he could talk, he would say, "mom, wtf is up with this thing? why did you bring her here?" LOL. Lola is a little bully, but when Hercules has finally had enough of her, sure enough Lola gets what she deserves! I don't have any regrets though...she's as cute as a button and I love her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Oh my gosh, I didn't know you adopted a kitten! Lola is adorable!
ReplyDeleteWhen I saw your post on Facebook that said "my cat asks like a toddler" or something similar...I thought, ugh, I know the exact feeling! Lola is super cute, but she is just like having a little kid that is into EVERYTHING! She's so funny!
ReplyDelete