Wedding Countdown Ticker

Apr 6, 2009

It's "official"...I'm 28!!!

Today was the "official" day of my 28th Birthday!!! Sadly, my mother is not alive to tell the story of my birth, but I can still hear it as if she were here. She would start by saying, "your Dad just had to take a shower before he took me to the hospital, so I had to wait around for him after my water broke." Then she would also add, "every year, around 8am, I can feel the pains..." If my Dad were alive, he would tell his side of the story and at the end he would say, "all I remember is hearing your mother scream 'get this thing out of me'. " WOW...thanks mom! But that was when women were crazy enough to not take the drugs so I can only imagine what kind of pain she was in, so no offense taken.
It so hard to believe that I am already 28 years old; although I still can pass for a 16 year old, but whatever ;) My how the time flies and what a roller coaster of a ride the last 28 years have been. Every day I still continue to learn new things about myself, but I am very proud of the woman my mother and father raised me to be - a strong, loving, and independant woman! It is certainly rough to be an only child and have lost both of my parents, but I am far from "without". I have a heart beat, oxygen in my lungs, the BEST friends, and the cutest Cat, Hercules! I am looking forward to what this next year will hold for me!
Below are a few pics from work today. My Social Officers surprised me with balloons, cupcakes, a card and lots of confetti! It was a great surprise, but I made the Socials clean up the mess, lol...I know, I would! ha ha.

From the Socials!


The Socials - Ashley, Dellia, Maggie, and Megan


Confetti!!

More Confetti....EVERYWHERE!

My Desk....w/ confetti!

what a mess! lol.

I was lucky to end my birthday celebration with my favorite person....





1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! It looks like you had a lot of fun all week! I love that you have germ-x on your desk - I stock up on it as well! It must be a teacher thing. And who is this "favorite person"?

    ReplyDelete