Wedding Countdown Ticker

Apr 29, 2009

Just before bed...

We are going on the last two days of TAKS and I'm definitely ready for it to all be over. I have been burnt out on hearing about TAKS and I don't even teach a core subject! The last two days I have been assigned as a Hall Monitor which has been the most boring job ever and the next two days I will be an Associate Test Administrator, aka, I have to give breaks to those that are administering the exam. The worst part about TAKS testing is that because I have 5th period conference, this means I am assigned to "overflow" everday so I'm stuck for an extra hour to 2 hours watching kids finish the exam...let me put on my happy face! As I sit in the hallway, socializing with other teachers or catching up on my current novel, I also manage to think about how quickly this year is coming to an end, but it's not coming soon enough! Only 4 more weeks with one week left for final exams. What the heck were they thinking when they decided we didn't need to end school until June 6th? Is it really necessary? Why can't we just start a week early in August so that way we still finish by the end of May.
Has anyone else been keeping their head just above the flooding water lately? Goodness, the rain has been exhausting this month!! I believe it has poured down every week this month. About two weeks ago, I was stranded in Pasadena, for two hours in my car, waiting for the water on the feeder road to the Beltway to receed so that I could get back to the Woodlands. It was miserable. I managed to fall asleep in the back seat of my car to make the time pass by quicker, lol. I really could sleep anywhere...it's a gift ;) On Tuesday morning, I drove to work in the down pour, trying to get to work on time since it was the first day of TAKS testing. The rain continued all day, so much that Spring Stuebner at 45 was completely under water and it took forever to get home. The scariest part was that I had less than a 1/4 tank of gas in my car and I was in a traffic jam...needless to say, I was a little stressed, but I managed to make it to a gas station once by passing the traffic. My mother always warned me to never drive with less than a 1/4 of a tank, but to this day, I don't apply that rule. lol.
This Friday, I will be attending our Drill Team Banquet at Spring Chateau. It is our final event for the 2008-2009 team. It's bittersweet...I'm sad to see it go, but ready to move on! This last year has been ehausting in every form - emotionally, mentally, and physically. I just recently had our 2009-2010 team tryouts and I have 36 girls for next year. A small number from what I am accustomed to, but it is the best thing. I will be juggling the middle school job as well as the high school drill team, so it will be necessary have a smaller team for next year. Next up...Officer Try-Outs. Those are certainly going to be interesting!
Well, I'm off to bed, but not before watching the rest of "Will and Grace", my fave show. I'll be back soon with picks from the Banquet! Till then....

1 comment: